Does energy healing work as a method to fix cardiomyopathy in a child?

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Cardiomyopathy
There are multiple kinds of cardiomyopathy.
I am not aware of any evidence that any energy type healing has been demonstrated to have any consistent effect on any cardiomyopathy. The standard medical treatments are the best evidenced treatments we presently have. That doesn't mean alternative medicine treatments can't work, it just means that there is no evidence they do.

In brief: Cardiomyopathy
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: No evidence
All forms of cardiomyopathy in childhood are serious.
The best care for children with cardiomyopathy is delivered in pediatric heart centers with special expertise in caring for children with heart muscle disease. Long-term outcomes are enhanced in cardiomyopathy is delivered according to evidence-based best practices.

In brief: No evidence
Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Do not know
I do not know of any studies or even anecdotal stories of cardiomyopathy being healed by energy work.
That is not to say it will not work. If it feels right and you trust the healer and it is not horrendously expensive then try it. I generally advise not abandoning medical treatment while exploring other options. Trust your instincts.

In brief: Do not know
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care
In brief: Alternative
By definition, "alternative" is different than modern western medicine.
Generally any drug, herb, treatment, or procedure that stands up to rigorous scientific scrutiny is included in modern medicine. The problem is that many alternative practices, herbs etc do not stand up to scientific scrutiny and cannot be shown to work. cardiomyopathy can be deadly serious in a child DONT risk it

In brief: Alternative
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Cindy Juster