Is my birth control working and could i be pregnant? I had sex last about 2 weeks ago. Im currently on the pill and have been for about 6 months now and i take it at the same time every day. We do not use a condom but he pulls about every time before ejac

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If you are using your birth control correctly (which it sounds like you are) then you have a less than 1% chance of getting pregnant.
If you are on the type of pill where you only get 4 periods a year, then it is normal to only have 4 periods a year and miss the other ones. If missing a period makes you nervous and you find having a monthly period more reassuring, then you might want to talk to your doctor about switching to a different pill. Once you have started a birth control pill for the first time and have waited 7 days, after that as long as you take the pill as instructed, you can have sex any time during your cycle and should be protected against pregnancy. I attached a great website with lots of information on the pill below. It may answer any additional questions you may have.

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laurence Fakinos

In brief: Your pill's working

If you're asking because your not getting a period, you shouldn't worry about being pregnant.
It's a very common side effect of the pill. If you're taking your pill correctly and you're also using withdrawal as a back up, your chances of getting pregnant are probably no higher than 1%.

In brief: Your pill's working

Dr. Laurence Fakinos
Dr. Laurence Fakinos
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham