I got the minera in i can't seem to find or see the string what should I do I try feeling for it i tryen lookin but i can't seem to find it. My lower part of my stomach been hurten my my back. In also how long does it take for my period to come i got the

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Many

Many women with the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud will not have a period or will have irregular spotting after placement.
If you cannot feel the string and are worried about whether it is still there, make an appointment with your doctor. They can check for proper placement with an internal gyne exam and if it is ok, they can show you how to feel for it. In the meantime, until your appointment, use condoms or another form of birth control until you know that your Mirena (levonorgestrel) is still in place.

In brief: Many

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham