Should i go to the doctors for a blood test for pregnancy? I have had my mirena IUD for almost a year and a half. I haven't had my period since 2 months after my insertion. Recently I have been getting heavy cramping(no blood) and extreme pregnancy sympto

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: An

An iud by itself gives you a less than 1% of getting pregnant - it's 99% effective.
If you are concerned about pregnancy, you can either take a home pregnancy test or go to your doctor for one just to put your mind at ease. The symptoms of pregnancy can be very vague and are easily attributed to other illnesses. If you have not been feeling well, it might be worth visiting your doctor for an exam. Good luck!

In brief: An

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham