I keep getting a headache right before my period. Is that normal? I ovulate on time (about 2 weeks after my period ends), then it's at least 3 weeks after that before my period starts again. My headache starts right when I am supposed to start and goes u

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Headaches

Headaches are a symptom of pre-menstrual syndrome.
There are a few things you can try. Take advil (ibuprofen) or Ibuprofen prior to the onset of the headaches (a day or two before it normally would start). Take one every 6-8 hours. Also birth control pills may help as well. Your doctor can go over all your options and additional treatments with you. Best of luck.

In brief: Headaches

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Eric Weisman