I have red spots on my vaginia and discharge and burning and itching, I am also diabetic, do you know what might be wrong? I have also had a lot of pain in the lower abdoman as well as unusual periods. I usually have a 3-4 day period but it has been very

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Your

Your vaginal symptoms may indicate a yeast infection.
These types of infections are common in diabetics. You can try an over the counter yeast infection medication like monistat or gyne-lotrimin. If this does not work see your doctor for an evaluation. As far as your periods are concerned, a 17 day period is concerning. The light ones that followed were due to the fact that you shed so much of the lining during the 17 day cycle. You need to discuss this with your doctor. You will likely need a pap smear, endometrial biopsy, and pelvic ultrasound. Also anemia needs to be ruled out. Take care.

In brief: Your

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Vikram Patel