Could my cravings be a medical issue, or an eating disorder? I am a 20 year old female, 5ft3in, 120 pounds. I have long struggled with food and today i had what feels like a huge misstep. Sometimes i get these immense cravings for things and today i ate a

Dr. John O'Malley
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

The are many reasons why a food craving can occur: you may be taking a medicine already which has the propensity to cause carbohydrate craving.
There are endocrine abnormalities of various sorts that can do the same. A psychiatric approach and assistance occurs after a thorough physical examination and laboratories. These must be rule out before beginning psychological treatment.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. Erik Suh

In brief: Sounds

Sounds like you are using food for comfort.
It is not an eating disorder if it occurs on occasion. Also, if you know it happens when you don't have a balanced diet, or starving because you haven't ate, be more regular with eating and not letting yourself go that hungry.

In brief: Sounds

Dr. Erik Suh
Dr. Erik Suh
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham