I missed 4 doses of my atripla(hiv)what are the effects? I've been taking it for 4 years

Dr. Amar Ashraf
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Need blood work

If you miss antiretrovirals (atripla) doses, it may cause resistant, that drug may not work.
Atripla more prone to get resistant quickly, even if you miss only few doses one should consult his physician quickly for a blood test which can detect the resistant if any.

In brief: Need blood work

Dr. Amar Ashraf
Dr. Amar Ashraf
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: The

The goal of HIV therapy is to lower the viral counts.
The more consistently you take your medication the more you are likely to achieve that goal. If you have resumed taking it and plan to on a regular basis the long term effects are likely to be small to negligible.

In brief: The

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Marsha Davis