Bad cold have a sore throat running nose and no energy but no fever

Sore . Sore throat is a fairly common symptom associated with many illnesses. Most of the time it resolves on its own without any other issues. Occasionally it can be due to something more serious that needs treatment. Reasons to seek care are: - any fever - since it could be strep and you can't tell without an exam/testing - if it lasts longer than 3 or 4 days - any difficulty opening your mouth - unable to swallow - severe pain - bleeding in the throat - redness or swelling on the outside of the neck - any difficulty breathing or noisy breathing in the meantime, taking Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen for pain, drinking plenty of fluids such as hot tea/broth or cold liquids and a spoonful of honey can help. Good luck!