What do you do when the speulum breaks inside you during a yearly exam, and your left feeling embarssed? I went for my yearly exam today and while the doctor was adjusting (opening) the speculum, the speculum broke inside of me. She turned to the nurse an

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I am sorry you had such an unpleasant experience.
Your doctor definitely could have handled the situation a little differently. Her saying "i have to get out of here" and walking out so abruptly was inappropriate and inconsiderate because it made you feel uncomfortable. Please take into consideration the fact that doctors are human and make mistakes like everyone else. Where you go from here is completely up to you. You can chalk it up as an unfortunate situation forgive the doctor and move on; you can call or visit the doctor and tell her that her words and/or actions made you uncomfortable and embarassed, lastly you can contact the doctor's supervisor (if applicable) or office manager and ask how you make a formal complaint. The choice is yours. Regardless of how what you do, i hope you can find a way to get over what happened. Take care.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham