Medication is giving me adverse reactions to my fibromyalgia, rhuematoid and anxiety. I have been prescribed tramodol for my pain related to fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, it causes my entire back, shoulders, hips and thighs to go into a type of "freeze" t

Hello, sorry . Hello, sorry to hear about your pain. Tramadol is one of the medications that is prescribed for treatment of chronic pain. It has been used in fibromyalgia and can be successful in some individuals. Tramadol does work with central nervous system, it is considered a "weak opioid", so from that stand point you are getting some central nervous system " coverage". Tramadol is not the only medication that can be tried. There are other ones, such as lyrica, cymbalta, savella (milnacipran) etc that have been utilized in management of this condition. Those medications may or may not be covered by your insurance. Chronic pain is an extremely difficult thing to deal with. It is important to allow some time for medication to stay in your system before you decide that it may bot be working for you. Good luck !
Antidepressants. Mild to moderate exercise as tolerated can be helpful, as well as ssri like Prozac or celexa, or snris like Effexor or cymbalta, both antidepressants can be helpful for fibromyalgia. Neurontin and Lyrica (pregabalin) can be helpful for the pain.