I want to become pregnant but i worry about my disorders, should I be concerned? I have ocd, my OCD regards to cleaning. I don't like nothing on the floor and everything has to be dust free and no dirt on walls and ceilings. I have panic attacks which i a

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Big opportunity!

Could there be any better reason or time to consider getting treatment for ur ocd? Imagine your child growing up seeing u in control of it! the "gold standard" treatment is behavioral: it's called exposure & response prevention.
Find an ocd expert to help. See resources on the international ocd foundation website: www.Ocfoundation.Org. "things do not change. We change." - henry david thoreau.

In brief: Big opportunity!

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Raising

Raising a child is one of the most challenging and difficult tasks you can do.
They will mess up your house, keep you sleep deprived and take you to the brink each and every day. Since you are still very young, it would most likely be in your best interest and the best interests of your future children to take this time for yourself and work on your issues. Your problems with a violent temper could be a very dangerous situation for a child and you definitely will want to have other coping strategies in place. If you are not already under the care of a psychiatrist and a therapist, you should do so. Discuss your desires to have children with them and allow them to help you develop positive coping strategies. Good luck!

In brief: Raising

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy