How should I feel I have been to the doctor and have been told that i had an enlarged spleen... A few days ago i was having severe pain in my back and chest and went to the er. The doctor there done blood work and took an urine sample and said that they c

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: An

An enlarged spleen is dangerous because it can easily rupture.
Therefore you should have been given instructions to avoid any contact sports or extreme physical activity. Also the reason behind your enlarged spleen needs to be investigated. A common cause is mononucleosis, and other viruses. Please see your primary care doctor for a follow up and work up for your enlarged spleen. Good luck.

In brief: An

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You

You have been told about having an enlarged spleen but it is unclear if this was just a finding on physical examination or an ultrasound finding.
The underlying cause for the enlarged spleen has to be investigated. Putting all the pieces together the reason for your other symptoms may become evident.

In brief: You

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine