I have had a mammogram and it is not cancer but I have a lump in my left breast that feels like a pin sticking me. I am a 59 year old male they said it is like I am growing breast.

Dr. John Rimmer
Surgery

In brief: Gynecomastia

Your condition is likely benign and may be related to medications gynecomastia is an enlargement of the male breast you should see a breast surgeon and get appropriate evaluation.

In brief: Gynecomastia

Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. John Rimmer
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Men

Men can grow breast tissue is some circumstances.
This condition is called gynecomastia. It warrants investigation not because it's breast cancer or makes you more likely to get breast cancer, but because it can indicate an underlying medical problem. Liver disease, for instance, will frequently cause gynecomastia. I would suggest that you discuss this with your regular doctor, who will probably want to do a few blood tests.

In brief: Men

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham