After cscan found small spot in my liver I am 77 years old and have never had cancer. I do have a degree of "fatty liver" but now the ultra sound also found this spot which is small in the right lobe of my liver about 4., 2 x 2.0 x2.3 CM the ultr sound d

Whenever . Whenever there's doubt about the nature of a lesion in the liver, biopsy is a pretty good way of sorting it out. Liver biopsy is a common procedure and one that can be done with little pain and little risk. It sounds like, in your case, the best modality for doing a biopsy (if it's necessary) would be ultrasound guidance. That said, it's certainly better if one can make a diagnosis on the basis of imaging studies. It sounds like your doctor is doing his or her best to make that happen. There are a lot of things that can look funny in the liver and yet be benign. The fact that the larger lesion isn't showing up on ct is a good sign, especially if you had what's called a multiphase study. Multiphase studies are very sensitive for subtle abnormalities. If the MRI also shows nothing there, then you probably don't need anything more.