Is surgery safe and effective for reducing/eliminating bags under my eyes. If so, how do I find/select a doctor in austintx? I have used many OTC products and some resulted in some shrinkage, but others made them more puffy. I am not sure how to categor

Surgery. Surgery to address lower eyelid bags can help quite a bit with the problem you describe. Depending on your age and anatomy there are few ways to treat the problem: 1. Remove some excess lower eyelid fat 2. Reposition some of the fat lower down onto the cheek/tear trough area 3. Improve cheek and lower lid soft tissue volume loss. This can be down using fat grafting or soft tissue fillers such as Restylane (dermal fillers) or juvederm I would recommend consulting with a few board certified facial plastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, or oculoplastic surgeons in your area who have experience in eyelid surgery and volume enhancement. Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover treatment for lower eyeild bags.
Blepharoplasty. Blepharoplasty is the term for eyelid surgery. "bags" under the eyes can have several causes, most commonly normal fat that surrounds and protects the eye but due to hereditary factors or age the fat appears more prominent. Also loose skin, pigment and the particular anatomy of the eyelid can contribute. Blepharoplasty involves a careful removal and/or rearrangement of eyelid skin, muscle and fat to smooth the area and reduce the appearance of bags. Sometimes upper eyelid surgery can be covered by insurance if there is a problem with vision or eyelid function, but elimination of lower lid bags is cosmetic and not covered.
One. One situation that must be approached with caution. If the bags are very low, they may be festoons, which are difficult to remove. In addition, if you have allergies or sinus problems causing swelling, these should be treated.
You. You can call the american society of plastic surgeons in arlington heights in chicage or ask you r family doctor for a referral. I would go to a plastic surgeon or an occulo[latic surgeon. Good luck.
A. A tear trough implant is a great solution for eliminating dark circles or hollowness that may appear under your eyes by augmenting the bone under the eyelid and creating a more youthful appearance. My practice has pioneered a new procedure that places this small a soft silicone implant through a tiny laser incision on the inside of the eyelid. This procedure, called a “transconjunctival approach”, is a significant improvement in the technique for placing tear trough implants. Since there is no incision on the outside of the eyelid, there is no visible scarring, healing is much quicker, and there is no change to the shape of the eyelid and no sad-eyed look. We also offer concierge services for out of town patients. To find out more please visit: http://www. Adams-center. Com/concierge/.