When I am on my feet for a long time I get red welts on my legs that feel warm to the touch. My concern is because my father had poor circulation in his legs, my mother had her leg amputated becaus e of poor circulation.

Leg . Leg symptoms that increase with standing (swelling, itching, bulging veins, pain, and--possibly--welts as you describe) suggest a problem with blood flow out of the leg. Blood gets back to the heart, against gravity, because of the pumping action of the leg veins. The system requires three things: muscle contractions, one-way valves in the veins, and an open channel for blood to flow through. Of these, the most piece that fails most often is the valves. When they let blood flow the wrong way, down the leg, you get the symptoms listed above. The best way to sort this out is to have your legs evaluated with ultrasound. An ultrasound study is really the only way to know whether the valves are working normally and whether there's some kind of blockage.
You . You may have varicose veins. Make an appointment to see a surgeon. In many cases, something as simple as knee high gradient compression stockings are all that is needed. These can be found at regular stores, but you need to ask usually in the men's department, or use the one's found in the women's department. Nurses and waitresses typically use them. They also have stronger compression stockings at surgical supply stores. But you should see a surgeon to make sure it is not something else more serious.
The . The red welts in your feet suggest swelling, which is a common symptom when one stands for long periods. This can be worse when one has venous insufficiency, where the venous valves do not hold the column of blood within the veins, resulting in increased pressure within the veins. This results in leg burning, stinging, itching; leg swelling; restless legs; cramping; and skin discoloration about the ankle area. Ultrasound study of the leg veins is the best way to evaluate this, and the treatment is to ablate (seal them off) the incompetent veins (great saphenous vein, small saphenous vein) using modern endogenous techniques. The poor circulation which resulted in mother's amputation was an arterial problem, and welts are not a result of this.