Do kidney stones have any connection with the development of kidney disease? I am a guy in my mid-twenties and I have kidney stones. I've passed two over the past couple years, and after further analysis by my urologist, i'm told that I have 8 more waitin

In brief: KIDNEY

Kidney stones can cause infection and bleeding.
If it causes obstruction, it can lead to kidney damage.You should see your urologist for more advise.

In brief: KIDNEY

Dr. Bhupendra Tolia
Dr. Bhupendra Tolia

In brief: Kidney disease

Most kidney disease/kidney failure comes from longstanding, poorly controlled high blood pressure and/or diabetes.
Nowaadays, it is rare for kidney stones by themselves to cause kidney failure. At your age, you should be evaluated to figure out why you are forming stones. It may require a lifelong intervention, but your future appears to be headed towards multiple stone events.

In brief: Kidney disease

Dr. Mathew Sorensen
Dr. Mathew Sorensen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine