Do kidney stones have any connection with the development of kidney disease? I am a guy in my mid-twenties and I have kidney stones. I've passed two over the past couple years, and after further analysis by my urologist, I'm told that I have 8 more waitin

KIDNEY . Kidney stones can cause infection and bleeding. If it causes obstruction, it can lead to kidney damage.You should see your urologist for more advise.
Kidney disease. Most kidney disease/kidney failure comes from longstanding, poorly controlled high blood pressure and/or diabetes. Nowaadays, it is rare for kidney stones by themselves to cause kidney failure. At your age, you should be evaluated to figure out why you are forming stones. It may require a lifelong intervention, but your future appears to be headed towards multiple stone events.