I fell down some stairs and now have venticular dilation, etiology includes hydrocephalus or normal pressure hydrocephalus. I am dizzy unstable have memory loss and incontinant how long will this last. I also have ongoing headaches , how long will these

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery

In brief: Possibly

Normal pressure hydrocephalus (nph) is usually not associated with headaches although it is associated with the gait, memory, and bladder problems.
You may also have post-traumatic hydrocephalus from your fall. This should be worked up further by a neurologist/neurosurgeon. Further scans with an MRI can determine if there is a blockage or obstruction leading to the hydrocephalus.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Michael George
Emergency Medicine

In brief: This

This is absolutely not normal.
I would be concerned about obstructive hydrocephalus. The ventricles contain fluid. This fluid is constantly being produced then tracks through the ventricle system to eventually be absorbed into the venous (veins) circulation. If you have a blockage in the track the fluid backs up causing swelling (dilation) of the ventricles. The symptoms you describe are consistent with the pressure build up in these ventricles. I would advise a repeat ct of the brain and consult with neurosurgeon sooner than later. If a blockage is present, the surgeon can place a shunt redirecting the flow of the fluid. I hope this helps.

In brief: This

This is absolutely not normal.
Dr. Michael George
Dr. Michael George
Dr. Vikram Patel