Back pain L1 L2 there is a milddegenerative disc change with a small left lateral disc protrusion into the inferior aspect of the neural foramen

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: This

This sounds like an excerpt from an MRI or myelogram of the lower spine.
What's being described is a fairly typical finding for someone with degenerative disc disease and is not by itself too worrisome. If, on the other hand, you are having some back pain or some pain radiating down your left leg, then this disc problem could certainly explain those symptoms. There are a lot of things that can be done to treat this problem--if it is symptomatic--ranging from physical therapy to local steroid injections to surgery. I agree with the previous answer, which was that you should consider seeing a spine specialist, though i would add that going straight to surgery would probably be overly aggressive.

In brief: This

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews

In brief: I'm

I'm not sure what queestion you are asking.
Nonetheless, spine questions should be discussed with a spine surgeon (either neurosurgeon or orthopaedic surgeon).

In brief: I'm

Dr. Patrick O'Neill
Dr. Patrick O'Neill
Dr. Vikram Patel