I am having abnormal vaginal bleeding with lots of clotting. What can cause this? I am 26 and have 3 kids and also have had my tubes tied

Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: Menorrhagia,

Menorrhagia, fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia, anovulatory bleeding to name a few.
Odds are good that it is menorrhagia. There are a variety of treatments available, medical, procedural (mirena (levonorgestrel) iud) and surgical for women who suffer from menorrhagia. A visit to your ob/gyn is a great start.

In brief: Menorrhagia,

Pathology

In brief: See doctor

Agree with Dr. M. You should start taking oral iron and multivitamins to prevent anemia.
Do see your doctor.

In brief: See doctor

Do see your doctor.
Dr. Jane Van Dis