Hi from andy im 51 and would like to know what it means when i can feel my hart beating in my chest for sometimes up to 15 to 20 51 very active smoke maybe 10 cigretts a week for the last 4 years, no health prob, s , never been to a hospital, no pian or s

Dr. Gerald Hollander
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: There

There are many things that this can be due to.
Some include arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm), lung disease related to smoking, anemia, deconditioning, weak heart muscle or even just anxiety (without any heart problems. The first step is to see your doctor who will do a complete history & physical. Some simple, noninvasive tests might be warranted like an ecg, echocardiogram or holter monitor ( a device that records your heart rhythm for a period of time in order to detect what is actually happening at the time that you feel symptoms).

In brief: There

Dr. Gerald Hollander
Dr. Gerald Hollander
Dr. William Forsythe