My 5yr old daughter has a dry spot in her head that want leave was told by nurse to wash with tgel and selcium blue but it doesn't seem to work

You. You should take your daughter to her doctor - she might have ringworm on her scalp. Ringworm is actually caused by a fungus (not a worm) and usually looks like a dry, slightly raised, red, flaky ring. It can be harder to see on the scalp. Ringworm on the body is typically treated with an antifungal cream, but ringworm of the scalp infects the hair follicles making it harder to treat. Scalp ringworm, called tinea capitis, usually requires a month or two of a daily prescription oral antifungal medication such as Griseofulvin in order to resolve. If she does not have ringworm, her doctor may still be able to tell what it is and give a treatment regimen which will help. Good luck!