I just had a bad pain in the back of my head and it shot around to my throat and now my throat is tight. I can breathe, but it hurts to swallow. I hve not eaten anything unusual.

Dr. Bruce Weisbrot
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly muscle spas

It sounds like you had a muscle spasm that is causing constriction in your throat.
Try eating a liquid diet for a few days and see if it just resolves on its own. If it continues you should see your doctor for a full evaluation.

In brief: Possibly muscle spas

Dr. Bruce Weisbrot
Dr. Bruce Weisbrot
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This is an unusual scenario.
I am not quite sure what happened. Possibly you experienced referred pain. Regardless, if your symptoms are still present or you have pain, you need to see a doctor. You may be dealing with a pharyngitis (throat infection) or possible had an allergic reaction. I hope you are better.

In brief: This

This is an unusual scenario.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine