My daughter has red itchy bumps on her arms and feet. What could be the cause? She was diagnosed with a staph infection but the bumps persist. Bed bugs were mentioned but she is the only person being bitten. Could this be an allergic reaction to something

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: This

This is tough to answer without a picture.
There are several possibilities including bites (fleas or other), eczema or allergic contact dermatitis, lichen planus, folliculitis (staph infection), and others. I doubt bed bugs given the location. I would recommend you try a moisturizer such as cerave cream twice daily and if not better after a few days consider a trip to the dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment options. Bites are common in kids so that is certainly a possibility. If they are bites, avoidance plus a steroid gel might be beneficial. I hope that helps.

In brief: This

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Thomas Johnson
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma

In brief: How

How long have the bumps been present? Do they change at all?

In brief: How

Dr. Thomas Johnson
Dr. Thomas Johnson