Can birth control cause a pregnancy to miss read the results I have the signs of pregnancy but when i took the pregnancy test it showed me i wasnt then someone told me their doctor said birth control can make a pregnancy test miss read sometimes

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I am not aware of any type of birth control pills causing a false pregnancy test (negative or positive).
The hormone that is detected in pregnancy tests is specific for pregnancy only and birth control does not interact with it in any way. If you are unsure, visit your doctor for a consultation and testing.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy