Infected ingrown and when to see a dr I had an ingrown hair between my pelvic bone and belly button that became swollen and full of puss. It looked like a pimple. I mistakenly squeezed it and tried popping it. Instead I have a knot next to it and I bel

It . It sounds as though your ingrown hair became infected and turned into a boil. Boils usually start out as tender, red areas which become hard and then eventually develop a "head" of white pus. Once this drains, the area usually heals on its own. Most of these are caused by staphylococcus aureas, a common bacteria found on the skin. Occasionally, however, the can be caused by mrsa, the antibiotic resistent kind of staph bacteria. Next time you develop one of these infections, start out by applying warm compresses to the area to help draw the infection out. Then, you should see your doctor so that they can drain it, test for what bacteria is causing it and be able to treat you appropriately - sometimes with antibiotics, sometimes just with drainage. If you ever develop fever, chills, or feel ill with this infection, call your doctor immediately. Also, spreading redness and swelling around the area means the infection is worsening and you may need antibiotics. You can try and prevent these infections by practicing good hygiene and using anti-bacterial soaps. Your doctor may have other suggestions for prevention.
Ingrown hair. You may need topical bactroban (mupirocin) to the area.