Should I take my son to the doctor if she swallowed some pennies and now has a stomach ache?

Dr. Laura Webb
They may take an xray and see where the pennies are.
Depending on their location the doctor may want you to watch for them to pass through (they will come out in your child's poop) or may go in and take them out via an endoscopy.

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Janesta Noland
Most likely, the pennies are not the cause.
The stomach and intestine are remarkably capable of retracting and avoiding a sharp object. A penny is not sharp, and not very large, either. Pennies generally pass through the intestine without any issues. If you monitor the stool for passage of the penny, you will know when it is gone. If stomachache becomes problematic, however, see your doctor.

Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Shontae Buffington