My 22 month old has pnuemonia my daughter woke up on thurs. Morning coughing bad took her to hospital and found out she had begining of pnuemonia. They gave her an antibiotic shot and a prescription and sent us home. I am worried cause she is only keeping

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: The

The purpose of the Prednisolone for her pneumonia is to decrease the inflammation in her lungs to make it easier for her to breathe while the antibiotic kills the bacteria causing the infection.
If she is unable to take this medication and appears to be in respiratory distress, you should return to the er. Otherwise, call her doctor for a follow-up visit as soon as possible. They will be able to evaluate her and decide whether she really needs the Prednisolone or if there is another medication that may be useful such as albuterol treatments or injectable steroid. Good luck!

In brief: The

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy