My son holds in his urine and poop when I try to make him sit at the potty, what can I do to fix this?

In brief: Try another tack

Rehersal is an important part of potty training & learning where equipment is & practicing diaper off sitting is important early in the process.
After a toddler acquires these skills it is time to back off and become the potty assistant, not the potty commander. Tell baby you will help them when they need to go and mean it. Let them pick the time & respond immediately. They may need help only once.

In brief: Try another tack

Dr. Shontae Buffington