I had a zit that I popped on my lip. Could it be herpes? Its red, and had puss

See a doctor. See pcp.
It . It is certainly possible if you have been exposed to someone who has herpes. Herpes infections of the lip often start as little bumps that mimic acne and seem to ooze a fluid and then crust over after a few days. Take a look at the link below to see if the picture looks similar to what you are talking about. A dermatologist can perform a viral culture which can help determine whether it is herpes but the culture needs to be of an active lesion.