I have been on Paxil for 17 days and I want to wean off. I don't like how I feel on it. I have been taking 20 mlg per I am supose to be on it for anxiety but it has been making me depressed and I don't want to feel like that. Please tell me how to wean of

You can. Discuss your side effects with your physician who can help you wean off. Generally cut the dose in half for afew days then completely stop. Discuss it with your physician though who may provide other options.
It . It is safe to discontinue paxil, (paroxetine) however, one must be aware of certain side effects associated with discontinuation such as chills, hot flashes, headaches. These symptoms do not not necessarily occur in everyone who stop taking Paxil (paroxetine) (or other drugs of this class) but there is always a possibility that they may occur. These side effects usually go away in 1 to 3 days. The feeling of depressed mood that you described could be associated with Paxil (paroxetine) but it could also be a sign that you may be developing symptoms of depression, a serious illness. The best course of action in this situation would be to discuss your symptoms, and your plan to discontinue paxil, (paroxetine) with a physician who initiated the treatment. He or she may recommend treatment with another medication or, if necessary, refer you to a psychiatrist specializing in treatment of mood disorders.