I have been experiencing sharp sudden pain on the left side of my chest. It gets worse when i breathe in so I have to take very small breaths until the pain goes away. It is not a constant pain, it just shows up every once and a while. What could this be?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This could be asthma, costochondritis (inflammation between the ribs), or even cardiac in nature.
Regardless you need a medical evaluation by your primary care provider. You will likely need an ekg and possible a chest x-ray and any other testing your doctor feels is necessary. Best of luck.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Vikram Patel