Could this be implantation bleeding? I am 20 years old and my period was 5 days late but I do have irregular periods so it didn't alarm me but when i did start it was very very light with a dark brown/reddish color. No cramping at all, which is unusual fo

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Implantation

Implantation bleeding is characterized by spotting; this occurs when the embryo implants in the uterus.
However some women have more than spotting and the color can vary. Implantation bleeding typically occurs about a week after conception. I recommend you take an early prediction pregnancy test. If it is negative wait for your next period, and if you are late then repeat the test. Best of luck.

In brief: Implantation

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham