Can I have my doctor write me a prescription for acne treatment? My acne problem is not that serious, mainly chin, upper chest and back, so i would just like some topical solution to address problem areas from time to time.

Pathology

In brief: Sure

With it on your back and chest, your best move now is to use topical benzoyl peroxide wherever you tend to get it, and make an appointment to add an oral or systemic antibiotic for at least a short time.
It's not fun to manage, but fairly easy. Best wishes.

In brief: Sure

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: Your

Your primary care medical doctor probably would be comfortable writing a prescription for mild acne.
A topical medication such as Clindamycin topical solution or BenzaClin (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) might be helpful. If your acne gets worse (deeper, red bumps), i would recommend you see a dermatologist since they are experienced in treating all types of acne. Check out the link below for other treatment options. I hope that helps!

In brief: Your

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Michael Kulick
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Good plan

Best to see a doctor, preferably a dermatologist for such conditions.

In brief: Good plan

Dr. Michael Kulick
Dr. Michael Kulick