A question reguarding "firm" stools.... I use way too much paper in the restroom because my stools are too soft. I hate this, and want to know how i can have a nice, firm one, so i only need to wipe a couple times. Mind you, I have regular movements, just

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Well,

Well, you're on the right track with the metamucil.
Fiber is great in that it firms up stools that are loose and softens stools that are hard - all to a healthy consistency. You may want to try other forms of fiber such as citrucel or benefiber if you have not found the metamucil to be helpful. Or better yet, eat plenty of fruits, vegetables and high fiber cereals. It's also very important that you stay well hydrated since dehydration + large amounts of fiber = constipation. Good luck!

In brief: Well,

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen