Pregnant or depo-provera side effects? I had sex on november 30th. My boyfriend didn't wear a condom for the first part of sex but had one on by the end. I got the depo-provera shot on december 13th, the same week I was supposed to get my period. It is no

Many . Many women do not have a period on the Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) shot. In fact, many women choose this method of birth control based on this side effect. Since you have taken multiple recent pregnancy tests which have all been negative, you are most likely not pregnant and your missed period is due to the Depo-Provera shot. If you continue with the Depo-Provera shot receiving your dose on time every three months, you will have a less than 1% chance of becoming pregnant - about the same odds as having your tubes tied.