Is there anything I can do if my child has become very shy after being bullied at school?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: Talk openly
Discuss the situation with your child and their teacher. These days, with so many kids in the classroom, the teacher may not even be aware.
Teach your child self confidence by focusing on their strengths and praising them often. Teach them manners and how to be nice to others (golden rule!). Make playdates with friends to help socialization and show them that not all other kids are bullies.

In brief: Talk openly
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Counseling is very important.
The age of the child is critical here, as well. Also, advocating for your child at school by insisting on in-service programs for students and staff on bullying will demonstrate you "have their back." you may wish to buy this booklet .

Counseling is very important.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Cindy Juster