Can I pump breast milk by hand?

Yes. Absolutely! I used the technique of manual expression for both of my children and it was awesome. Most people who hear this think the concept seems very strange, however I found hand expression to be more efficient for me than a breast pump. Check out this video from stanford on the technique: http://newborns. Stanford. Edu/breastfeeding/handexpression. Html.
Yes. Yes, though it's a hassle and can get uncomfortable. If you're going to be pumping regularly, you probably want an electric pump.