Dr. Oz recommends taking 2 baby aspirin a day (162mg.) I am 60. Is it ok to take 2 baby aspirin a day? I am female, aged 60 years. I weigh 125lbs. And I am 5' 103/4" i once was told I should be 65 to start an aspirin regimen by a medical dr. (internal

Dr. John Holder
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: See

See the link below and quotation of the executive writing committee of the american heart association feb 16, 2011.
"aspirin therapy can be useful in women > or = 65 years of age (81 mg daily or 100 mg every other day) if blood pressure is contolled and benefit for ischemic stroke and mi (heart attack) prevention is likely to outweigh risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and hemorrhagic stroke, and may be reasonable for women <65 years of age for ischemic stroke prevention." also, see the mayo clinic letter explanation regarding this subject. Links below.

In brief: See

Dr. John Holder
Dr. John Holder
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends

As Aspirin has pros (can prevent platelet clumping, decease development of colon and liver cancer) and cons (causes ulcers, bleeding, and increases risk for macular degeneration, an eye disease), the decision to use it should be made in conjunction with a physician who can identify your risk factors for blood clots and determine if the benefits for you outweigh the risks.
Don't self-medicate.

In brief: Depends

Don't self-medicate.
Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Adam Levy