What should I do about nerve damage 1 yr. And a half after surgery? I had surgery for my veins in my left leg. It was not sucessful in any way. My lower leg to my foot is numb and tingles. The doctor has admit to nerve damage. My neurologist said to wait

Dr. Andrew Reeves
Neurology

In brief: Tough

Sounds like there was damage to a nerve (or more than one.
) these either regrow and you get some sensation back (usually if only partially damaged), or the nerve has been completely cut and won't grow back--leaving permanent nnumbness.

In brief: Tough

Dr. Andrew Reeves
Dr. Andrew Reeves
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
You have to rule out the possibility of a coincidental nerve impingement. Emg/NCV may or may not be helpful.
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Two

Two things may have happened - nerve was severed or contused.
If it is just a contusion, the nerve will recover, but it will need to grow back - the growth rate is arround 1 mm every other day, or around an inch a month. You need to check where the damage was and then measure to see how long it will take to recover. If the nerve was severed, you will need surgery, so the nerve can be repaired. For a better answer for your question, more information is needed. Find an orthopedic surgeon specialized in microsurgery, and he/she may be able to help you.

In brief: Two

Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Dr. Vikram Patel