Is there any harm to smoking while breast feeding?

Start with an increased risk of sudden infant death syndrome, add 2-3x incerase in bronchitis& ear infections & other respiratory issues.
Add decreased growth & exposure to nicotine in the milk, short of this you will teach this child to smoke as an adult. I am not aware of any health benefits of smoking to you or your child. At least you are breast feeding, thats good.

Smoking causes the same harm to the smoker whether or not she is breastfeeding.
If the baby is not exposed to smoke, he will still get some nicotine through the breastmilk. If the baby is exposed to smoke, he becomes a second-hand smoker, stops smelling nicely like a baby, and can get problems such as asthma, stuffy noses, ear infections, etc...

Dr. Jane Van Dis