I have post traumatic stress disorder, if i try acid will it set me into a flashback? I also have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder as well. Reasons why I should not try acid?

Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Why ask for trouble?

I am puzzled by your question --- why would you want to use a drug that might bring on flashbacks or other symptoms.
Some people have good acid experiences but you would just be asking for trouble by taking a drug that commonly produces flashbacks and other symptoms.

In brief: Why ask for trouble?

Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
Dr. Bassam Amawi
I agree with Dr. Robert
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Perfect question

This is a perfect "borderline"-type question to ask, because it puts doctors in the position of telling you not to do something that you already know is not in your best interests.
Then you can struggle with us about your freedom to do what you want. Working constructively on your own self-care is both a freedom and a responsibility. I suggest discussing this in detail with your therapist.

In brief: Perfect question

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
4 comments
Dr. Mark Diamond
very well said
Dr. Pamela Pappas
thank you, Dr. Diamond. these are difficult issues, and I wish this person the best healing possible.
Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Not a good idea

Lsd on its own can have long term mental effects--you have several conditions you are trying to control.

In brief: Not a good idea

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: This equivalent to

Asking the healthtap doctors if you should play russian roulette!

In brief: This equivalent to

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Acid

Acid aka lsd is a very dangerous drug and should be avoided at all costs, especially in someone with mental health issues.
Acid will distort visual judgment, sensations, moods and feelings. You will become scared, very afraid. You could experience terror, despair, fear of losing control, feel insane or even feel like you are dying. Therefore if you suffer from ptsd the event that caused the ptsd may be the main focus of this fear and terror. This is a dangerous combination that could potentially lead to a fatality (i.e. Suicide). If the above are not good enough "reasons why [you] should not try acid" then i think you should consult your psychiatrist right away for guidance and help with this issue.

In brief: Acid

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Shontae Buffington