Does going to a chiropractor helps my migraine? I'm going to a chiropractor right now and it's been 3 weeks. My migraine has helped a lot but i want to know is it true that chiropractor can adjust your nerve & restore oxygen in your body again?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Doesn't help O2 but

I agree with dr. Borncamp that chiropractic does not "restore oxygen in your body" & if your chiropractor claims that i might look for a different one.
But, more importantly, a randomized controlled trial showed 72% of chronic migraine sufferers had significant improvement in frequency & severity of their migraines. See http://www.News-medical.Net/news/2005/05/22/10268.Aspx.

In brief: Doesn't help O2 but

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: No

There is no evidence that chiropractic manipulation can restore oxygen to your body.
Oxygen enters your body everytime you breathe. Stop breathing and you see how quickly you run out of oxygen. Chiro has nothing to do with it.

In brief: No

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Navdeep Virk
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Chiro can definately

Chiropractic can definately help with migraine by adjusting your neck but that is truly taking care of symptoms not the source as they will work primarily on bone you can combine physical therapy and get better results or look up neuro muscular dentistry they should be able to combine treatment with chiro and get you long lasting results.

In brief: Chiro can definately

Dr. Navdeep Virk
Dr. Navdeep Virk
Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: Chiropractic

Chiropractic is a method of manipulating the muscles of the body allegedly to adjust nerves.
There is no evidence that chiropractic manipulation increases oxygen to the brain. High velocity manipulation (snapping of the neck) actually has been reported to cause strokes by damaging blood vessels in the neck. Low speed manipulation is safer and mainly consists of stretching movements of the neck. This would help with migraine headaches which cause the muscles of the neck and shoulders to tighten up. Acupressure massage would give you similar relief. You don't mention whether you have seen a neurologist or have been given medication by your primary care doctor. There are effective drugs available to treat or prevent migraine. If you haven't done so, you would benefit from discussing your headaches with your doctor and looking into possible triggers and determining whether you have true migraines as opposed to bad headaches of another cause.

In brief: Chiropractic

Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Bahman Omrani
I've hear that before, that chiro high velocity adjustment can cause a stroke, but have yet to personally see one case in a patient population of 10's of thousands. Hemorrhagic stroke or other life threatening complications associated with aspirin and NSAID use, those we tend to see much more often. Just haven't seen one case (and hope I won't)
Dr. Vikram Patel