I got a piece of metal or plastic under my fingernail about a year ago now it is shaped funny and turned green and smelling i got a piece of metal or plastic under my fingernail about a year ago now it is shaped funny and turned green and smelling

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: It

It sounds like you are dealing with an infectious process.
You will need to see your primary care provider for examination and treatment. If it is in fact infected then you will need antibiotic treatment and possibly a procedure to open and clean the wound out. Please seek care right away since infections tend to spread fairly quickly. Good luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson