My doctor did took a vaginal culture to test for a yeast infection.If I have an STD like chlamydia will it show up on the test? Discharge in urine

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There is a special culture that tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia.
A standard vaginal culture used to detect certain types of bacteria and yeast will not detect chlamydia. A thin prep pap smear will detect chlamydia and a special type of urine test can detect it as well. There is a chance your doctor tested you for chlamydia, you can call the office and ask the doctor's nurse. If you think you need an std check you should ask for testing at your follow up visit. Take care.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Monica German

In brief: Maybe

There is a special test to detect chlamidia and gonorrhea.
It is different from the test that checks for yeast. You can also test chlamidia and gonorrhea.from urine. I agree that you call the office and ask if they send the test for GC

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Monica German
Dr. Monica German
Dr. Adam Levy