What can I take? What can I take to reduce my blood pressure fast!

Dr. John Holder
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: There

There are at least 6 different classes of blood pressure (BP) drugs.
Each is effective and each has contraindications or problems. Foe example, the classes known as ace inhibitors, arbs, and renin inhibitors can cause birth defects; and the class beta blockers are avoided in asthmatics. That is why doctors need to take a good history before prescribing.And one size does not fit all. Start with the dash diet (dietary approach to stop hypertension), avoid salt, lose weight, reduce stress to the degree possible, and consider meditation/relaxation. And see your doctor. A link to the dash is below.

In brief: There

Dr. John Holder
Dr. John Holder
Dr. Sergio Schabelman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Nothing OTC

IF you have hypertension you need to see a doctor and follow his advise.
NOTHING works over the counter and nobody will treat you without examining you and knowing that you have High Blood Pressure for sure. Non pharmacological treatment include low sodium diet, exercise, weight loss, controlling stress, no smoking or drugs etc

In brief: Nothing OTC

Dr. Sergio Schabelman
Dr. Sergio Schabelman
Dr. Umesh Patel