I have a large bump towards the vaginal area, what could this be? It it very large, kind of hard and painful to press on. I just started taking seasonique and whenever i started my period it showed up, I've been on period for 2 straight weeks. What do I d

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: First

First of all your longer than normal period is due to the birth control.
Typically it takes your body up to three months to get used to the new pills. However if your flow is heavy like a period then you should see your doctor for a possible change in your birth control pill. The lesion in question sounds like it may be a cyst, an abscess, or even an enlarged lymph node. The only way to know is that have it checked out by your doctor. Best of luck.

In brief: First

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis