Does Prilosec OTC cause hair loss? I am supposed to take Prilosec OTC daily for barretts esophagus. I read one of the side effects may be hair loss. I work as a model and don't want to lose any hair. What do you think the odds are of this side effect? Is

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Barrett's esophagus

Barrett's is serious and needs treatment and monitoring.
It is considered a pre-cancer condition. Hair loss, if and when it occurs is also treatable. So stay healthy, take your medications, stay in touch with your doc, continue working. Be well.

In brief: Barrett's esophagus

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I have quite a few patients on Prilosec and none have ever reported hair loss as a side effect.
The detrimental effects of barrett's esophagus far outweigh any possibility of hair loss from Prilosec in my opinion. Also if the hair loss does occur it will probably be minimal or start out that way, in which case you can discontinue it. Best of luck.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson