My rubber band on my braces popped up and are now cutting my gums. What do I do as of right now? I have puffy gums and i just had my front 6 teeth tightened. The rubber band on the bracket has popped up so it's basically cutting into my puffy gums. I've t

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Call ortho now

You should call your orthodontist right away.
If it is after-hours, they probably have an emergency number to call to get advice as to what to do. Don't wait and remain in pain.

In brief: Call ortho now

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Bobak Ghaheri
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: The

The best thing to do until you can get in is to use a salt water rinse to keep the area from getting too swollen.
I have used 1 cup lukewarm water, 1/2 teaspoon non-iodized salt and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and swish that around for 30 seconds, 2-3x/day.

In brief: The

Dr. Bobak Ghaheri
Dr. Bobak Ghaheri
Dr. Daniel Ormsby
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: See the orthodontist

The orthodontist or dentist can take care of this.
Don't wait or your gums will be very sore.

In brief: See the orthodontist

Dr. Daniel Ormsby
Dr. Daniel Ormsby
Dr. Adam Smith